Thursday, March 22, 2012

Aliens and X-Files

Alien Corridor. This is the new cover, I hope you all like it.
Linda Fields, at www.sparkinspirepublishing.com is the artist, and there's a story to the whole thing.
I met Linda through a jewelry sale (my 'real' work), and we hit it off immediately. She writes, and has some amazing artwork too.
I looked at her work, and was so taken by this image, I wrote a scene in 'Alien Corridor' which was set in this mysterious house at the edge of the lake.
Much later, I then told Linda about the scene, and she promptly offered me use of the image.
A few negotiations later, it was mine.
It does, however pose a serious problem.... it does raise the bar.
Now all my other covers have to be brought up to the same standard.
Click on the pic to go to my amazon books.

4 comments:

  1. Ian, is sparks publishing just doing the cover for the novel?

    Geri

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes, just the cover.
    I'm going to self-publish both this series and the vampire stuff.
    Then sell them direct on Amazon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that cover, Ian. Mysterious and striking.

    ReplyDelete