Friday, January 27, 2012

First Scene of The Rebels, Illustrated

I've been working with a graphic artist to illustrate a couple of key scenes from my new book, The Rebels. I will be shooting the manuscript off to the publisher soon, hopefully by the end of next week.

In the meantime, here's a sneak peak of the opening scene. It's a tense, action sequence that follows directly from the final scene in The Empire. Adrian Stannis, a brilliant scientist, has built a jump gate and he, Kali and Bryce are trying to escape through it. The first chapter is fraught with dangers as Empire soldiers surround them, trying to prevent their escape.

The illustration is a bit bloodier than I expected and I've asked the artist to change it a bit but overall, I'm pleased with it.


6 comments:

  1. Looks really good Elizabeth - well done :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) I'm fairly happy with it, other than for the blood :)

      Delete
  2. The illustration is a bit bloodier than I expected and I've asked the artist to change.... OH No! I think it's great the way it is. You can't make out the guy's face and it looks authentic. I don't think I read the opening scene but if it follows this, it should be a one fine grabber.

    Of course everyone, like me, who read The Empire will be waiting to pickup The Rebels and join Adrian, Kali and Bryce in this fresh adventure.

    ReplyDelete